Monday, September 20, 2010

DROPBOX - "Cloud Storage for Your Files"

DROPBOX
Have you ever just wanted a place to store your files where you could access them from your school computer, your home computer, your iPhone, etc.?  DROPBOX is your answer!  It is one of those "Cloud Computing" sites.

Watch a short video here to understand how this works.    http://www.dropbox.com/tour

You register at this same site.  AND you will need to download the software.
There is an APP for iPhones -
 Basic Service is Free - You get 2GB of storage for free.
                         If you wish, you may pay for more storage.
I have been using Dropbox for a over a year and it has saved me from trying to find a certain file that I worked on last night at home, but did not save to a FlashDrive or to my school account!  It is "in the clouds!"  When you saving on your computer, Dropbox will be an option, just like any other drive.  I can also save to Dropbox on my iPhone! 

Check it out   ....      http://www.dropbox.com        
          

No comments: